The Maple Coffee Wedding Band Features:
- Weathered Maple Wood Ring
- Natural Maple Wood Ring Liner
- Center Vintage Coffee Inlay
- Fit: Comfort Fit
- Finish: Polished
- Size: 9
- Width: 8mm
- Handcrafted in North Carolina, USA
- Ships in 24 - 48 hours after ordering
- Limited Lifetime Warranty
- All Rustic & Main rings are handmade. Each piece is unique and variations are considered part of the beauty of the design.
- Like this ring but need it in a different size? Shop this style in our custom made to order rings: Custom Wood Ring
Weathered and Natural Maple Wood
Our historic maple comes from Asheville North Carolina. The board was taken from a barn built in the late 1800's and was likely used to store tobacco, as was so common in the area.
Coffee - Yes, that's right! Coffee...in a ring!
This design was originally conceived for a friend of mine who owns a coffee shop. I used beans from his store in the ring I created for him, but the coffee used in future rings is a bit more unique. I was able to obtain an unopened Hills Bros coffee can from 1952. The coffee inside was still fresh (they really knew how to make stuff back then) and has a great vintage story.
Though we can enjoy coffee in an endless stream today, this has not always been the case. Coffee rationing in WWII began in 1942 - families could only get one pound every five weeks - and the rationing didn't end until 1946. There were a few reasons for this. Firstly, the GI's needed coffee in the field. Secondly, German U-boats were sinking boats with coffee shipments from Brazil making coffee hard to get.
Rationed coffee was packaged in glass containers, which were not only reusable, but also saved precious tin resources for the troops. That this coffee could be purchased in a can was a sign that the war had ended.
Each Ring is Handcrafted in North Carolina
We are proud to craft each ring by hand in Charlotte, North Carolina, and honored to play a small role in the "Made in USA" movement taking place across the nation and sharing a part in our American heritage.