You have questions, we have the answers. Below you will find answers to questions people typically have when purchasing a wooden ring from us for the first time.
Why would I want a wooden ring instead of a typical metal ring?
- I think this questions answers itself. Metal rings, lovely as they may be, are typical. Wood however, has a natural and unique appeal. Your ring was once a living organism with a unique history. We believe that is important. Also, wooden rings are lighter than metal rings and are more comfortable to wear. Read more about why we think wooden rings are the best.
How can I find out my ring size?
- The best way to determine your ring size is to use one of our ring sizers. Simply chose "Please send a ring sizer" option when placing your order and we'll send you an easy to use ring sizer. Once you know your ring size, just send us an email and we'll get started on your order.
How will the width of my band affect the fit of the ring?
- The wider the band, the more you can see of the elements and details in your ring. However, it will also have more contact with your finger and may feel like a tighter fit compared to a narrower band. If you'd like to know how it might look on your finger, you can use a few pennies to get an idea:
How long does it take to make and ship my custom ring order?
- Every custom ring, meaning not in stock at a certain size, is made my hand. As Rustic and Main has grown we have a number of rings in line to be created. Our current turnaround time on ring varies but may be between 6-14 weeks from the time we receive your order (along with ring size and any needed materials). We will do our best to let you know the status both through email and notifications on the site. Don't worry, it will be worth it once the ring arrives!
How durable is my new wooden ring?
- Our process of wrapping several layers of thin wood strips to create your ring makes our wooden rings very strong. In most cases, they can be squeezed as hard as possible in the hand and will not break. Our wood rings will typically flex before they snap, unlike metal which has no elasticity. In short, they are very strong under compression.
Can I wear my ring in the shower or in the pool?
- Yes. All of our rings are coated in an epoxy known as CA (Cyanoacrylate). The rings are water-resistant, however, over time, exposure to heat, chemicals, and long-term exposure to water may prematurely wear down the finish on the ring. While you can wear it in the shower or in the pool, we recommend taking them off.
How scratch resistant is my new ring?
- While the coating on your new ring makes for a shiny new finish, over time a wooden ring will show signs of wear just like a metal ring. If you want to keep your ring looking new, we recommend keeping it away from harsh elements, such as concrete, to avoid getting it scratched.
My new ring has a scratch or a ding. Is there anything I can do?
- Absolutely. In most cases, scratches or dings are only surface level and haven't affected the wood underneath. If that is the case, you can send the ring back to us to be refinished for a fee. We recommend refinishing the ring when ever a deep scratch is present as it may allow moisture into the ring and ruin the wood. Simply search for 'refinishing' and you will be provided with the steps on how to send the ring back to us.
Can I have a custom engraving on my ring?
- Unfortunately, since the rings are made of wood, we would have to burn an inscription into the ring and our hands are not steady enough for that 😉. So, we aren't offering engravings or inscriptions at this time.
I have an idea for a ring. Can you give me a quote?
- We love to hear ideas from our customers. We can certainly provide a quote for a special ring just for you. Contact us here.
What can I do if my ring breaks?
- Contact us and send a few pictures and we can let you know if it is able to be repaired. If not, we may be able to work with you on a new ring at a discounted price.
Do you offer a warranty on my new ring?
- Yes! Our rings are guaranteed to be free from defects for 1 year of receipt. This does not include repairing breaks or damage which are a result of misuse (for example, if your dog chews a ring). Read our full warranty policy here. However, we do want our customers to be happy with their purchase for years to come, so if you have any issues at all, just let us know and we will be glad to help.
Can I use my own elk antler in a ring?
- Unfortunately this has proven to be difficult. We're pretty picky about the antler we use in our rings and each one goes through a process to make the ring as strong as possible. So, we are not able to use antlers from our customers.
Can I provide my own custom Tartan pattern for the Scotch-Irish rings?
- It took a while for us to find tartan fabrics that would work and unfortunately most do not work. The issue is that fabric gets darker as we coat it with our finish, so most of the details would be lost. Also, most tartan patterns are larger so you can't see the details. However, if you need something custom you can pick out a pattern here: https://www.scotlandshop.com/us/plaid/ribbon